The opening of Badminton Europe’s Centre of Excellence (BEC COE) in September is fast approaching. We recently announced the location in Holbæk, Denmark, are advertising for the head coach position, and the next phase will be the final selection of players.
Badminton Europe (BEC) is excited to announce the final details for a selection camp, where the main objective will be to select players for the BEC COE who want to stay permanently at the centre.
The training camp will be held from 1 - 5 May 2017 in Holbæk, Denmark. Between the training sessions there will be talks with the players to discuss the participation in the project.
Badminton Europe will cover 4 nights’ accommodation in a twin room including breakfast, dinner on Monday and lunch on Friday, lunch and dinner on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, and flights (booked by BEC).
Invitations has been send out to the potential players from the pre-selection camp, organized in Vejen, Denmark, in December last year. Additionally, our Member Associations has received an invitation, as well.
All applications must be sent to BEC by the Member Associations of the players. Badminton Europe will maximum select one player / pair per category per country. Players wishing to apply should therefore contact their national badminton association for Player’s CV and other documents for the application.
The deadline to send in applications is Thursday 23 March 2017.
Badminton Europe will review the applications and CVs and will confirm to the Member Associations if their player(s) are accepted for the camp.
Additional details about the venue and other arrangements will be communicated to selected players at a date nearer to the camp.
Anticipated conditions at BEC COE
- Official opening on 1 September 2017
- Full time Head Coach assisted by assistant coaches
- Badminton practice on weekdays mornings from 09:00 - 11:30, two evening sessions from 15:00 - 17:00 and two physical sessions per week (total of 9 sessions per week)
- Accommodation at Stenhus Gymnasium 01.09.17 - 31.12.18 (approximate cost is € 300 per month)
- Accommodation at Holbæk Sportsby 01.01.19 - 31.12.20 (approximate cost is € 300 per month)
- BEC expects players to cover their food expenses (approximate cost is € 300 per month)
- BEC expects players to play a minimum of 10 international tournaments per year. The costs of these tournaments should be covered by the Federation of the player
For any further information, please do not hesitate to contact Jeroen van Dijk, Manager at the Badminton Europe office, or go to BEC Centre of Excellence
on Badminton Europe’s website.