BADMINTONscotland, the national governing body for badminton in Scotland, wish to appoint a Head Coach. The successful candidate will have a unique opportunity to create, manage and deliver new performance programmes aimed at delivering against BADMINTONscotland’s Strategic Plan 2015-2019 and beyond.
The person appointed will be responsible for providing a High Performance Coaching and Planning role to the high performance players and to ensure that high performance players are identified developed and meet agreed performance standards.
Salary : circa £50,000 per annum
The Key Objectives include:
• To produce success in the 2017 World Championships and 2018 Commonwealth Games;
• To produce Programmes that enable Scottish athletes to progressively develop their potential;
• To ensure productive programmes are put in place to identify and effectively develop young talent;
• To ensure other Performance Coaches working within the BADMINTONscotland’s Performance Department are professionally developed on a continuing basis.
The successful candidate must have the following experience:
• 3 years proven badminton coaching experience with players competing successfully at a high performance level;
• 3 years proven experience of developing individual players’ high performance plans, including experience in how to monitor progress against these plans.
• Demonstrable experience in the development of a high performance plan for a sport and experience in how to monitor the implementation of such a plan.
• Demonstrable experience of managing human and financial resources in a sporting environment.
• Demonstrable experience in developing effective working relationships between a variety of agencies and organisations.
• Demonstrable experience in the use of information technology.
The post is offered on a permanent full time contract and will be based at the National Badminton Academy in Scotstoun.
In accordance with BADMINTONscotland’s Child and Vulnerable Adult Protection policy the successful candidate will require to undergo an enhanced Disclosure Check.
Full details of this post and an application form are available from the Executive Administrator, BADMINTONscotland, The Cockburn Centre, 40 Bogmoor Place, Glasgow G51 4TQ. Tel: 0141 445 1218 (e-mail : email@example.com)
The closing date for completed applications is Friday 24 April 2015. Interviews will take place on Wednesday 6 May 2015.
You can find more information in the Badminton Europe job section.