Badminton Europe is looking to appoint a Head Coach for the BEC Centre of Excellence. The centre is going to be in Holbæk, Denmark. The official opening of the centre is planned for 1 September 2017.
The Head Coach shall be responsible for high performance coaching and planning for the players in the BEC Centre of Excellence.
The objectives of the BEC Centre of Excellence are:
- To offer a sustainable, high level training environment for the players that currently do not have sufficient training possibilities at home
- To coach / train players on a daily basis so that they can perform at their best level at the Continental Championships, World Championships and Olympic Games
- To strengthen the sub-elite players and general level of European badminton
- To create more competition in Europe which will strengthen our competitiveness toward the players from other Continents
- To educate coaches to support the Member Associations with the development of badminton in their country
- BWF level 2 coach education or equivalent international license/diploma/certiﬁcation
- Minimum 4 years’ experience as fulltime coach working with international top players
- Professional competence and methodological expertise in high-performance badminton
- Experience implementing training plans in a high-performance setting
- Team player, who has a desire to work and collaborate with colleagues and has the required communication skills
- Fluent in English
- Excellent people, communication and presentation skills
- Play an active role in the setting up of the centre and the selection process
- Prepare training plans and activities
- Deliver on court training sessions on a daily basis
- Communicate on a continuous basis with the BEC Office and High Performance Commission Chair
- Continuous development of the BEC Centre of Excellence concepts and infrastructure
- Oversee other BEC Centre of Excellence coaching staff
- Develop annual tournament plans for the players in close cooperation with the Federation of the player
- Monitor individual players’ performance development
- Occasionally observe / coach players during tournaments
- Evaluate the players
Negotiated with the successful candidate depending on qualifications and experience. Please state your expected salary range in your application.
The successful candidate should have the necessary work permission in the EU to be considered for the job.
Interested applicants are invited to send a written application or a video application and a detailed CV by e-mail to;
Jeroen van Dijk
Brøndbytoften 14, 2605 Brøndby, Denmark
Tel: +45 31 35 33 98
All applications must reach the above address by Tuesday 21 March 2017 at 12.00 CET. Only short listed candidates will be notified.
Job interviews are expected to take place on 27 and 28 March 2017.
The selected candidate is expected to start 1 August 2017 but is already expected to lead the selection camp held in Holbæk, Denmark from 1 - 5 May 2017.
Download full job advert here:
Read about BEC Centre of Excellence here