Badminton Europe is looking to appoint a Head Coach for the BEC Centre of Excellence. Badminton Europe is in the process of setting up the centre which is planned to be up and running from 1 September 2017. In December 2016 we expect to announce where the centre is going to be.
The Head Coach shall be responsible for high performance coaching and planning for the players in the BEC Centre of Excellence.
The objectives of the BEC Centre of Excellence are:
- To coach / train players on a daily basis so that they can perform at their best level at the Continental Championships, World Championships and Olympic Games
- To qualify as many players from the BEC Centre of Excellence for the 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games
- BWF level 2 coach education or equivalent international license/diploma/certiﬁcation
- Minimum 4 years’ experience as fulltime coach working with international top players
- Professional competence and methodological expertise in high-performance badminton
- Experience implementing training plans in a high-performance setting
- Team player, who has a desire to work and collaborate with colleagues and has the required communication skills
- Fluent in English
- Excellent people, communication and presentation skills
- Play an active role in the setting up of the centre and the selection process
- Prepare training plans and activities
- Deliver on court training sessions on a daily basis
- Communicate on a continuous basis with the BEC Office and High Performance Commission Chair
- Continuous development of the BEC Centre of Excellence concepts and infrastructure
- Oversee other BEC Centre of Excellence coaching staff
- Develop annual tournament plans for the players in close cooperation with the Federation of the player
- Monitor individual players’ performance development
- Manage players during tournaments
- Evaluate the players
If you are interested to be considered as Head Coach you are invited to send an expression of interest with a detailed CV by e-mail to;
Jeroen van Dijk
Brøndbytoften 14, 2605 Brøndby, Denmark
Tel: +45 31 35 33 98
Please note that there is no application deadline set and we reserve the right to appoint the right candidate as and when he/she is found. We therefore encourage you to express your interest at any given time.
We understand that a final commitment and contract will depend on factors which are currently not known to either applicants or to Badminton Europe. With applicants submitting their expression of interest we will address such issues as they are clarified. Main issue still to be decided is the exact location of the centre.
Download original job advert here:
Read more about BEC Centre of Excellence here.